As the world continues to become more digital and online-based, learning how to create a free blog website is becoming vitally important to help move your business or message along further.
Blogging is not new and there are literally hundreds of ways to “create a free blog website” on the internet.
We want to cover some of the basics to help grasp the concept of not only how to create a compelling and professionally designed online website or blog, but also share why the world needs to hear your message and thoughts on things.
This review guide on how to create, build, and design free blogging websites is meant to clear up any confusion and overwhelm that new bloggers and aspiring webmasters typically face before getting started.
Our goal aside from why you should be blogging on a daily basis is to show you how to technically setup your own blog website or get a “done for you, all in one, already setup for you” blogging platform if you think it is easier than following the steps below.
Because of the low cost, no investment, zero risk of setting up a free website or blog online – we also want to cover how you can start and create a work from home business just by learning how to blog on the internet.
We will also cover a few of the essentials of what separates a website from a blog, or how you can combine the two and have them on the same site.
How to Create a Free Blog Website Online
Assuming free is the keyword, there are a few options that stick out amongst the crowd of free blog sites.
The three most popular and best free blogging websites you can get started and setup today are:
- – Blogger.com
- – WordPress.com
- – Tumblr.com
When it comes to designing and managing a blog site, WordPress is by far the best blogging platform on the market.
It is fast, simple to use, and it let’s you build a professional looking website without having any technical website skills. And best of all, it’s 100% free and completely customizable.
Basic Steps to Create a Free Blog Site Using WordPress
There is a ton of information available on making money through blogging. This post will give you the steps for setting up a WordPress blog.
What You’ll Need
To get started with your WordPress blog, you’ll need five basic things.
* A domain name.
* A web hosting account that has PHP version 5.2.4 or greater and MySQL version 5.0 or greater so that you can store your blog’s MySQL database data.
* A web hosting account that has a control panel that allows you to perform one-click installations of WordPress.
* A text editor such as Notepad (for Windows) or Text Edit (for Mac).
* An FTP client such as FileZilla (for Windows) or CyberDuck (for Mac) in case you want to upload large files to the server.
* An image editor such as The GIMP (the GNU Image Manipulation Program) if you want to create your own logo or advertisements.
8 Steps to Setting Up a Free Blog Website
1. Create a text file that holds all of your usernames, passwords, login URLs, and anything else that is related to the blog so that you can reference this file whenever you need to. Make sure to label the information so that you know what it is that you are looking at. (Example: “WordPress Login URL”)
2. Buy a domain name that best suits your blog’s theme from a reputable domain name registrar such as GoDaddy. Try to find a short domain name that only contains one or two words so that it is catchy and easy to remember.
3. Sign up with a web hosting company that can host your WordPress site. The basic requirements of a WordPress site are PHP version 5.2.4 or greater and MySQL version 5.0 or greater.
4. Login to your domain registrar so that you can modify your domain’s two DNS (Domain Name Servers) to match the name server info that your web hosting company has given you. (Example: ns1.hostingcompany.com, ns2.hostingcompany.com)
5. Install WordPress on your domain by going to your web hosting company’s control panel. Most web hosting companies have a software installation program that will install programs like WordPress with just one click of a button. All you have to do from there is fill out the information that it requires. If your webhosting company does not offer a one-click install option, just send them a support request to ask them how to install WordPress. Be sure that you save all of your login and database information down in your text file of important blog related information.
6. Get familiar with your WordPress dashboard by logging in using the login credentials that you specified during the WordPress installation. From the dashboard, you can manage posts and categories, add new functions and features to WordPress by installing plugins, manage user accounts, moderate comments, and customize the appearance of the blog.
7. Once you have become familiar with the dashboard, you will need to install a new WordPress theme template that best suits your domain name and its contents. A theme will give you different options for layouts, color sets, and backgrounds so that you can customize your blog to fit your style. Free WordPress themes can be found at WordPress.org. For themes that contain more advanced features and customizable layouts, Premium WordPress are available for purchase at online WordPress theme vendors such as WooThemes.com.
8. After you have installed your new theme, you can then start filling out your blog by adding new blog categories and writing blog postings that will capture the attention of many dedicated readers.
Please check back soon as we are going to cover why the Empower Network All In One blogging system for $25 might be the best option for you.